If you’re like most people, you probably think of pearls as the little white balls that your grandmother wears around her neck. But did you know that pearls come in different colors, shapes and sizes? And that they can be found in fresh water or salt water?
In this guide, we will introduce you to the world of pearl jewelry. You will learn about the different types of pearls, how they are graded and how to choose the right one for you. In the end, you must be an expert in all things pearls!
A role for pearls
Pearl is a type of organic gemstone when a burnt mollusk enters the shell and the mollusk drips off the neck to cover the irritating. Most of the pearls currently on the market are Sanskrit, which means they are cultivated on pearl farms using human intervention.
There are three main types of pearls: natural, culture and imitation.
- Natural pearls are the rarest and therefore the most expensive. These pearls are formed entirely by chance and are commonly found in wild oysters or oysters.
- Sanskrit pearls are grown on pearl farms and make most of the pearls currently available in the market. Farmers carefully insert a nucleus (usually made of clam shell) into the mollusk oyster, which then secretes a nucleus around it. The result is a beautiful Sanskrit pearl.
- Imitation pearls are man-made and usually made of glass or plastic beads coated with pearl essence. These pearls are much less expensive than natural or cultured pearls and are often used in clothing jewelry.
How are pearls graded?
When buying pearls, you’ll probably see the words “Aqua,” “Tahitian,” and “South Sea.” These refer to the three most popular types of pearls, named after the region in which they are cultivated.
- Akoya pearl is the most common type of Sanskrit pearl. These are usually white or cream in color with rose or silver overtones. Aqua pearls are grown on saltwater farms in China and Japan.
- Tahitian pearls are large, dark pearls grown on saltwater farms in French Polynesia. These pearls are black to greenish-black in color and often have a sharp quality.
- The South Sea pearl is the largest cultured pearl. They are grown on saltwater farms in Australia, Indonesia and the Philippines and can range in color from white to gold.
Also, pearls can be graded on the basis of luster, surface quality, necker thickness, color and size.
- Brightness is the ability of pearls to reflect light and is judged on an excellent scale from the poor.
- Surface quality refers to the number of spots or imperfections on the surface of a pearl. A flawless pearl is very rare and therefore more valuable.
- Nacre thickness is an indication of how long it took to form the pearl. Thick-necked pearls are usually more valuable than thin-necked ones.
- Color is another important factor in determining the value of a pearl. Although white pearls are the most common, pearls are available in a wide range of colors including black, pink, blue and green.
How to choose the right pearl jewelry for you
Now that you know a little more about pearls, it’s time to start shopping for pearl jewelry. Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing the right part for you:
- Consider the type of metal. Pearls look best when set in gold or silver.
- Think about the piece style. Do you want something classic or trendy?
- Choose a piece that flatters the tone of your skin. If your skin tone is cool, wear pearls with pink or blue overtones. If you have a warm skin tone, choose yellow or gold colored pearls.
- Choose a size that is proportional to your body. If you are small, choose small pearls. If you are tall or plus-size, choose large pearls.
- Consider the occasion. Everyday wear or jewelry piece for a special event?
With these guidelines in mind, you are ready to start shopping for beautiful pearl jewelry
Buy your jewelry from Story Jewelry
If you are looking for unique, one-of-a-kind jewelry, then you need to shop Story jewelry. They offer a wide variety of handicraft jewelry that is sure to make anyone happy. Whether you are looking for a special Friendship ring Want to treat yourself with a gift for someone or just one Spinner ringThey have the perfect jewelry piece for you.
Talented artisans make beautiful jewelry using only the finest materials. Each piece is made with detailed attention and is designed to last a lifetime. They offer a variety of styles to choose from, so you are sure to find the perfect jewelry for your personal taste.